I'M NOT SURE ABOUT UNI

Hey guys. So has you know about a year ago I had a major breakthrough and was finally happy with my A-Level choices and had chosen my ideal university course. I've sent off my uni application for Environmental Science and I've gotten offers from all five of my choices and I'm starting to have doubts. I've been thinking recently that maybe uni isn't for me. I'm really struggling at home and college at the moment and I think I want to leave my home so desperately that that's what attracting me to leave and go to uni rather than the course and the actual university life. I've gone the most difficult way to do my A-Levels to get the best grades for uni and I don't know what's come over me but at the moment I'm feeling like I really don't want to go. I don't know if it's just me being nervous or having a bit of an issue with my confidence but at the moment I really don't want to go. The issue I'm having is that I've spoken to my mum and my friends and they all respond in one of two way. Either no you don't you're being silly. Or well what are you going to do make sandwiches for the rest of your life. People are just so helpful when it comes to sorting out my car crash of a life. I honestly don't know what I would do. I could get an apprenticeship in something like veterinary nursing or lab technician. I mean let's be honest, no 19 year old has their life 100% sorted and that's won't change if I go to uni. I'm really struggling with environmental at college at the moment and it doesn't help that my friends made it a competition and is putting me down every time I don't get the greatest mark and to be honest it has affected my confidence within all of my subjects. I'm not saying one person is responsible for my change of heart but I think I'm sick of education and being compared with other students and being graded on how intelligent people think I am. I honestly don't think I can take three or four more years of that. I'm really excited to move out and finally get my independence and the only way I think I can do this is do go to uni but I don't feel it's worth the huge amount of debt and stress. 

Are you at uni at the moment? Please let me know in the comments if you felt this way and if so go you overcame it. 

Speak to you soon, 
Love Georgie xxx


0 comments:

Post a Comment