BEING DIAGNOSED WITH AN EATING DISORDER

Hey guys! So I've been gone for a really long time and I know I should get back into blogging with something lighthearted and fun but I've had a couple of serious changes in my life that have made me think about the direction my blog is taking. I've been officially diagnosed with an eating disorder. I say officially because it's something I've been dealing with on and off for a long time but it's only recently that a medical professional has sat me down and said the words eating disorder. It just seems more real. It's now an issue my family and close friends are aware of which really scares me. The amount of people that tell me I'm fine how I am or I'm becoming too skinny is ridiculous. It really doesn't help me and makes me feel worse about the whole thing. I know I have to deal with this because I want to go to uni without worrying that I'll make myself ill which is why I have decided to something about it. I always thought I wasn't skinny enough to have an eating disorder (sounds really dumb I know) which is why I think I was scared to tell anyone or go to a doctor because I thought they would just roll their eyes and send me on my way. Recently my best friend told me that eating diorders happen to people regardless of gender and size because it depends on the person. This also got me thinking about my blog and the direction it was taking. Recently I haven't really been feeling it and I think that's because I was bored of my content. I loved writing it three years ago but I've changed so much since then and I've accepted things about me that I hated when I first started blogging. I am still going to post my favourite products and tags and typical girly blogger stuff but I want the main content to be about me and getting better. I mean it's mainly going to be based around my recovery from my eating disorder but I also wanted to talk about my anxiety and other topics I've been to afraid to say out loud. To be honest I don't care who reads it's just my way of getting things off my chest to make my life a little bit less stressful because I really want to get better. 

I know some people will find this weird that I've wrote this for a bunch of strangers in the Internet to read but it's not just about me. There are so many people who are in the position I was a year ago where you don't know how to ask for help or don't know how to get the words 'I have an eating disorder' to come out of their mouth. Yes, it helps me to write my feelings on my blog but I also want people in the same position as me to read it. Or just to get some support from a stranger across the world. I don't want to have unload everything on my poor mum who's been through hell (thanks to me) the last few weeks. 

So those are the changes I'm going to be making to my life. Come and follow me on the weird and probably slightly depressing road to recovery. 

Speak to you soon, 
Love Georgie xxx




0 comments:

Post a Comment